We often encourage you to donate to ABC-Belarus to support our prisoners, but we rarely tell you where the donations go.
It is important for us to make clear that ABC-Belarus activists do not receive any compensation for their work. We all work in our spare time and do it solely out of political convictions.
We do not depend on any foundations or grants. Almost all our money comes from donations of ordinary people and activists from Belarus and other countries. A small part of the funds is raised from selling books, T-shirts and brochures.
ABC-Belarus uses the collected funds for:
- Supporting prisoners: paying lawyers, covering expenses on care packages and, if necessary, supporting a prisoner’s family
- Supporting former prisoners in their first time on the outside
- Supporting people who served short arrests
- Medical and psychological aid for activists, if necessary
- Sending letters written through our online form (https://abc-belarus.org/?page_id=579)
- Paying for hosting and other project infrastructure
- Membership in international solidarity structures
If you want to support a cause or an individual, you can always send a donation with a note on who it should be used for (https://abc-belarus.org/?p=13136).