We often encourage you to donate money to ABC-Belarus to support one prisoner or another. But we rarely tell you where the donations go.
First and foremost, it is important for us to make clear right away that ABC-Belarus activists do not receive any compensation for their work. We all work in our spare time and do it solely out of political convictions.
We do not depend on any foundations or grants. Almost all our money comes from donations of ordinary people and activists from Belarus and other countries. A small part of the money we raise from selling books, T-shirts and brochures.
The money that goes to ABC-Belarus is used for:
- Supporting prisoners: paying lawyers, paying for parcels and, if necessary, supporting the prisoner’s family.
- Support for former prisoners as they recover from prison
- Support for administrative prisoners
- Medical and psychological assistance for activists, if necessary
- Sending inmate letters written through our online form (https://abc-belarus.org/?page_id=579)
- Paying for hosting and other project infrastructure
If you want to support a cause or an individual, you can always send a donation with a note on who it should be used for (https://abc-belarus.org/?p=13136).
Since our group depends on your donations, we encourage you once again to support the work of ABC-Belarus (https://abc-belarus.org/?page_id=3670).